Preparing : 5 mins
Cooking : 2 mins
How to make coffee
- Set up your drip-style coﬀee maker so you can add water into the ﬁlter manually. (For most coﬀee makers, this means rotating the brewing basket to the side and placing the pot underneath.)
- Place the coﬀee, chicory (optional), and salt (optional) into a ﬁlter in the brewing basket.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add enough water to moisten the coﬀee and chicory (optional), and then pour about 1/2 cup of water into the ﬁlter.
- Wait for the water to drip through, and then add another 1/2 cup of water. Repeat until you have brewed all 4 cups.
- Serve immediately, or keep hot with your coﬀeemaker until ready to serve.
- Optional: Add sugar to taste.
- Optional: If you prefer milky coﬀee, you can pour equal parts Kopi Jelapang and scalded milk into your cup for traditional Emran-style Café au Lait, or you can just add half-and-half to taste.
- 4 tablespoons Kopi Jelapang
- 2 tablespoons chicory (optional)
- 1/4 tablespoon salt (optional)
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- 4 cups ﬁltered water
- The drip coﬀee doesn’t have to be great quality; a little bit of salt will lessen the bitterness of cheaper coﬀees.
- Chicory is available in many health food stores. Some vendors also sell pre-mixed coﬀee and chicory blends.